Monday, September 7, 2015

no laboring today

Finally a day of rest.  No plans.  No breweries.  Just relaxing.  Reading.  Looking at scenery.  Bracing for the final push home tomorrow.

Word to the wise.  If you ever go to Park City, Utah, and you choose to stay at the Marriott, do not get all giddy (as I did) when they tell you they're putting you in a balcony room on the 4th floor.  I was thinking that we'd have a lovely view of the mountain behind us or the city below in front of us.  But no.  Our balcony overlooks a small enclosed (and tiled) atrium...over the pool.  Can you say screaming kids at 8am?  All of them running and splashing about in this tiny little hell hole of a space?  I really wanted to step out on the balcony in my underwear and punk band morning hair and tell them to shut the hell up.  I really wanted to remind their stupid parents that SOME people don't have kids and don't want to be awakened before the bell strikes 10am on their vacation and do they not remember a time when they didn't either? and what time will they be leaving? and hey, don't make me come down there.  sigh  I guess it's a sure sign vacation's over.





No comments:

Post a Comment