Tuesday, August 18, 2015

grand canyon

La-la-la-ti-dah.  Dum-di-dum-ti-dum.  I'm a little river.  All that's left from a vast seabed.  Hmmm.  What should I do today?  I think I want to go over there.

(A millennium later.)






Amazing.  Mind blowing.  I've been here before, but still wow.  This was Joe's first visit.


We hiked around for a few hours, but I'd really like to come back and stay (or camp) inside the canyon and take a helicopter tour or do a river raft thing (no mules, though).  

We were here sort of early on Monday morning so the crowds weren't too bad.  Still, there were a few assholes present.  I guess there are always folks who can't help but be bad tourists...dropping water bottles, going out of bounds on the trails, cutting lines, sitting on benches - with an incredible view - but more interested in what's on their phones, having loud personal family arguments and not moving away from the viewpoints - so we all got to hear, god I hate people.  

But I love the Canyon.








On to Vegas, Baby!










1 comment: