Tuesday, August 25, 2015

you know i'm all about that beer, 'bout that beer, 'bout that beer

Today was a beer day.  I know, I know...every day is a beer day.  Not surprising.  Hell, we've seen all the scenery...time to cover the beer.  And there is a ton of it.  Most within walking distance.

We started off the day with a bit of shopping (okay, so not ALL about the beer).  We hit Macy's and DSW.  Let me tell you, DSW in SFO is quite the experience.  I bought a new purse.  MMMMMM...new purse.  At Macy's Joe bought a new belt and a new wallet.  Those of you who have seen Joe's wallet KNOW that the purchase of a new one was about a year overdue.  Yay wallet sale!

We met up with friends for lunch...at the Thirsty Bear brewery.  Food was really good (Spanish oriented) and the beer was average.  Thanks to a reco from our Dallas friend Jeremy, we took a quick walk down the street to Cellarmaker.  BEST. RECO. EVER.  Such good beer.  Fun folks.  Cool vibe.  We spent all afternoon there.  And, by the way, I hit 2500 beers on Untappd there...yay, me! (I'd like to thank my liver for sticking with me through good beer and bad.  My parents would be so proud.)

Sitting next to us was a girl who has the job title: Bar Manager.  She works for a tap house in Livermore, and she's the one who gets to decide what beer they're going to tap.  I want this job!  She goes around to breweries, works with distributors, and visits festivals all to choose beers she wants her tap house to carry.  Did I say I want that job!  I would kill at that job.  That job would be perfect for me.  That job would be begging me to stop going to so many breweries, stop trying so many beers.  Damn.  I would be the king of that job.  Note to self: get that job...but in Denver.

After Cellarmaker, we caught a quick cab ride to Mikkeller.  Great food, incredible beer and nifty bar (it's not the brewery, but hosts all the Mikkeller beer, plus some really impressive guest beers).

Finally, finally, we hit a wall.  Time to pack it in for the evening.  Tomorrow?  Sleep in, check out and head toward Santa Rosa (Moylan's, Lagunitas, Russian River and Bear Republic...among others that I'm sure will pop up on our radar).

No comments:

Post a Comment